North Dakota Road Trip

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: duckman2000, OGblackcloud, spoonysmaker

Re: North Dakota Road Trip

Postby BGipson » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:14 pm

Being that this was the best day my brother and I ever had for mallards in CA, I can understand the draw of going somewhere with the possibility of thousands tornadoing overhead. I was truly blown away when I was in college in SD and got to experience that for the first time. The prairie potholes are something every true waterfowler should experience at least once in their life to appreciate the importance of the duck factory.

And trees and mountains in the states we come from since there aren't many of them there [emoji38] which is why I no longer live there despite the amazing hunting to be had.Image
Every day I try to be the person my dog thinks I am. If I have accomplished this when my time comes, I feel I will have had a pretty good life.

FowlGrunt Field Staff
BGipson
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Re: North Dakota Road Trip

Postby quigby979 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:56 pm

It's only 7 days that you will be gone. When the kids are young is the best time to go. When they start getting involved in sports, 4-H, and those types of activities is when their will be very little time for hunting. Late October or early November is plenty of time to plan.
quigby979
hunter

Previous

Return to California Duck Hunting