Cold Front Ducks

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

almost forgot

Postby Catfish_Hunter » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:24 pm

We went out sunday with my brother and his girlfriends dad, and my little brother. not a whole lot of shooting but it was good to spend time with an oldtimer in the blind. We called the day early but my little bro was able to put the smack down on his first goose. It was a big one at that and it made him look like a little kid next to it :yes: .

I wish we would have stayed all day because as soon as we left 25 geese flew right over our blind and there was plenty of waterfowl on the river on the drive home.

Catfish_Hunter
hunter

Re: Cold Front Ducks

Postby ejbarger » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Thats a big goose :thumbsup: congrats on your first dude :clapping:
2010 season stats:
Trips-6
Ducks- 14
Geese- 1
Dog retrieve totals- Camo(3rd yr.)-41, Bandit(1st yr.)-4
ejbarger
hunter

Postby ejbarger » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:04 pm

OnQuack24/7 wrote:no offense, but by the pictures, you fellas need some more dekes. I set out anywhere from 24-48 floaters with a half dozen full bodies and 2 or more mojos. If you did this late season it would help. Either set out only a few pairs of hens and drakes or put out alot of drakes with a few hens. This will help you alot. Nice work on the ducks, but try this next time and you will draw them in. Good luck to you all. Knock em dead

The less decoys we have out the better we do so each to there own opinion i guess.
2010 season stats:
Trips-6
Ducks- 14
Geese- 1
ejbarger
hunter

Postby Catfish_Hunter » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:51 pm

Thanks man. We got out sunday and holey crap was there some birds flying. Lots of geese decoying in as well as ducks we ended up getting one goose and one duck. I can't wait for this weekend I hope it's going to be a good finisher we're going to stay out all day saturday and sunday.
Catfish_Hunter
hunter

Postby canbakchaser » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:29 pm

you better be hunting geese duck is CLOSED
Special Thanks to Autumn Wings Decoys for donating the 2011-2012 Central Flyway Rambler.
canbakchaser
hunter

Postby Leakydecoy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:51 pm

canbakchaser wrote:you better be hunting geese duck is CLOSED

You better check the regs. Duck season is open 'til the 31st in the Pacific Flyway and I believe these fellers said they have been hunting the Colorado River.
Leakydecoy
hunter

Postby canbakchaser » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:00 pm

oh i thought you were in colorado springs didnt want you to be a poacher :fingerpt:
Special Thanks to Autumn Wings Decoys for donating the 2011-2012 Central Flyway Rambler.
canbakchaser
hunter

Postby Catfish_Hunter » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:20 am

canbakchaser wrote:you better be hunting geese duck is CLOSED

You better watch out for your own and let me worry about mine. I know the rules and regs do you??? :hammer: Wheres all your hunts at canbakchaser???? you sure give alot of advice but never have pics of your own hunts. I'd enjoy seeing some dead ducks more then hearing you give ill advice.
Catfish_Hunter
hunter

Postby canbakchaser » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:43 am

WOW you are harsh you i do know the regulations I've read the book cover to cover I just didn't want you guys to get in trouble SHEESH no wonder colorado public land has such a bad rep :mad: . We don't usually take pictures but heres a few.

Image Image Image
canbakchaser
hunter

Postby Catfish_Hunter » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:29 pm

Nice pics. I can tell by your posts your the youngin' in the photos. :thumbsup:

I am a very ethical hunter and pack out all my trash plus lots more thats not ours. We do not sky bust and we give people enough room to hunt on public land. we hunt over decoys and rarely pass shoot so do not judge me as a hunter if you've never hunted with me. public land has a bad rep but not because of hunters like me. please don't rob my thread calling me a poacher when you donot know the regs in my flyway and saying that I give public land hunting a bad name when im probably the most ethical hunter I know. :beer:

I'll be hunting DUCKS and GEESE this weekend over here on the western slope for the season closer.
Catfish_Hunter
hunter

Postby canbakchaser » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:42 pm

i wasn't calling you a poacher i said and i quote "I didn't want you to be a poacher." ok were at an under standing
canbakchaser
hunter

Postby ejbarger » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:50 pm

Nice pics dude :thumbsup:
2010 season stats:
Trips-6
Ducks- 14
Geese- 1
ejbarger
hunter

Postby ArmyRN07 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:06 pm

was curios about duck hunting in colorado may be relocating soon. looks like you got birds is it mainly river hunting any like sloughs, lakes or field hunting. can you run a boat on the river? thanks for any info i dont need exact locations just want to know whats there to find.
ArmyRN07
Newb

Postby canbakchaser » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:35 pm

ArmyRN07 wrote:was curios about duck hunting in colorado may be relocating soon. looks like you got birds is it mainly river hunting any like sloughs, lakes or field hunting. can you run a boat on the river? thanks for any info i dont need exact locations just want to know whats there to find.

PM me we'll talk
canbakchaser
hunter

Postby colosilverado » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:00 pm

It is tough here. Between land development and outfitters, it is getting tighter by the year.
I'm feeling the fever though!
colosilverado
hunter

Postby colosilverado » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:03 pm

ArmyRN07 wrote:was curios about duck hunting in colorado may be relocating soon. looks like you got birds is it mainly river hunting any like sloughs, lakes or field hunting. can you run a boat on the river? thanks for any info i dont need exact locations just want to know whats there to find.

The rivers here, except the Arkansas by Pueblo, are basically creeks and streams but we call 'em rivers for some reason. :huh:
If by boat you mean a float tube, yeah you can a little. :rolleyes:
colosilverado
hunter

Postby canbakchaser » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:17 pm

colosilverado wrote:

The rivers here, except the Arkansas by Pueblo, are basically creeks and streams but we call 'em rivers for some reason. :huh:
If by boat you mean a float tube, yeah you can a little. :rolleyes:

Aparently youve never seen the colorado by kremmling or the yampa by hayden
canbakchaser
hunter

Previous

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting