Moving to Denver

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Moving to Denver

Postby duckman27 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:42 pm

Ok well my dad lost his job in Mississippi last march. He just got a job in Denver today and I looked over the area on google and can't seem to find any swamps or heavly wooded areas or anything. Whitetails and mallards are what I live for. I've got a year left in highschool and am kinda pissed right now becaue I don't know what to do as far as duck and deer hunting goes. Any help from ya'll is appreciated. Thanks
duckman27
hunter

Re: Moving to Denver

Postby fishinndave16 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:27 pm

im not sure bout duck hunting it is my first year for ducks and geese but we dont have much whitetail but we have a crap load of mule deer and we could hook up for a hunt some time next year and get some
buddha
fishinndave16
hunter

Postby Catfish_Hunter » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:15 am

We'll here in CO there's not a whole lot of marshes and thick timber to hunt ducks. We hunt ponds before they freeze then the rivers/fields during colder part of winter for waterfowl. Try going to the colorado DOW website and clicking on the "state wildlife area's" you should be able to find a spot near you. As for big game we hunt mule deer and the seasons just ended. There are some whitetails way out east but we leave them for the local boys. Head to the high country for elk and mule deer hunting, lots of great opratunitys for big game hunting on public land in CO. The DOW website has all the info you need, that and a little scouting and you'll be set. anywhere along the colorado and platte rivers will be good.

BTW most of the public waterfowl hunting spots on the east are by reservation so you might want to check into that. :beer:
Catfish_Hunter
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:53 pm

Thanks
duckman27
hunter

Postby GreenHeadHarvest » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:17 am

Resivores usually have decent hunting especially east on i70 and have decent inlites and some nice potholes. it aint like th south lets just say that.
Waterfowl Hunting- not a passion an obsession.
Flat Coated Retrievers- gotta lov em
Ducks/Dogs/Guns/Beer/Jack D/cope/buddys=good old time
GreenHeadHarvest
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting