Ducks in Colorado???

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Ducks in Colorado???

Postby dead drakes » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 am

Would yall say that this year so far has been above average, below or normal.??? This is supposed to be such a good season I was just wondering what birds yall had there in Colorado. Iam in central OK, alot of people sware that we end up with alot of yalls birds,, so /?? Help me out!!!! Is it lookin good for yall,, because if so, We're next fella's!!!!!We should get a good push, ya'll just got a good bit of snow didn't you?/ SE Colorado Iam speaking of......Well any info will be much appreciated!!!! Good luck and keep it safe fella's!!!! cya dead drakes...... :thumbsup:
Should we bury him Joesy? Naw the buzzards and the worms gotta eat to !
dead drakes
hunter

Re: Ducks in Colorado???

Postby colosilverado » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Been chasing (watching) geese and we can't hunt them on the west side of I25 right now, but I've seen more flying lately than I did earlier this year....despite the frigid temps. I think they're all headed your way now cuz they've gotta be freezing!
colosilverado
hunter

Postby dead drakes » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks for the reply colosilverado!!!!! For some reason when i post a thread in a out of state forum, about info on ducks/geese, well you see how many answers I get....Wonder why??? Iam simply wondering what to expect!!!some guys act as if I am asking where they shot their limit yesturday......... oh yeah and please include the longetude and latitude!!!! Any how thanks for the repl;y brother and yeah Ok is getting alot more birds every day!!!! shot the limit this morning(18) ducks three men 2 hours!!!!!! :biggrin:
Should we bury him Joesy? Naw the buzzards and the worms gotta eat to !
dead drakes
hunter

Postby canbakchaser » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:34 pm

we shot 7 in an hour and a half yesterday
Special Thanks to Autumn Wings Decoys for donating the 2011-2012 Central Flyway Rambler.
canbakchaser
hunter

Postby duckbuddy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:32 pm

Numbers are sub-par for a lot folks here in colorado. We never had our strong push of birds ( i didnt see one). They are still north of us as i hope or down south near you. The last front shut the lids on the lakes and caused a lot of birds to disappear. Im still seeing teals and have not seen a good group of golden eyes to date. goldies are usually here when we have the last of our push and are waiting a warm-up for everything to come up north again.
DUCK HUNTING ITS NOT ABOUT THE BAG ITS ABOUT GETTING AWAY
duckbuddy
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting