Duck and Goose hunting aroun Pueblo Co. ?

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Duck and Goose hunting aroun Pueblo Co. ?

Postby KripleKiller » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Hey guys my name is Nick and I'm a civilian medic for the army. I currently reside in the good ole state of TN, and it looks as if my soon to be wife is going to be stationed at Ft. Carson. I have duck hunted for 18 years I have guided for 10 of those years in NE Arkansas since that is where I call Home. I was wondering if you guys could direct me to some sites that are informative and helpful. I have scowered google and bing with little to no sucess, but as most of you can relate without input from other hunters and long time residents learning the hunting ways of a new area clear across the country can be quite difficult. I have learned this in my guide years and have done my best to teach the TN/ARK ways of duck and goose hunting to all the guys who are new to the area weather army or not just to help them out and I'm hoping someof ya'll would do the same. It amazes me at the differences from state to state not just rules and regs, But here my blinds are 30ft x 10ft with 15-20 feet tall depending on water depths, insulated with recliners and heaters stoves and most comforts of home oyther then running water. Then my blinds in arkansas are pits usually concrete 1 fiberglass and then of course our green timber wade in areas and layout blinds. I have right at 800 full body snow and blue deeks, 150 canada deeks 100 specks and 1200 silo socks. I prefer goose hunting but once again that will change with the flyways. Well enough rambling any info would be highly appreciated (not asking for your honey hole) we have wildlife management areas here and very little public land. So everything else is pretty much leases. Once again thanks in advance and good luck hunting the rest of the season!
KripleKiller
hunter

Re: Duck and Goose hunting aroun Pueblo Co. ?

Postby dukhnter7 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:01 pm

There are spots around Pueblo Res. But if your looking for goose, head east around La Junta and Lamar. Especially for the late snow goose hunt.
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Postby COgoosehunter24 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:05 pm

I am an avid waterfowler and i live in pueblo. My friend and I are college students and would like to find another hunter who is ethical and knows what he is doing. We have decoys but not near the numbers that you do. We are training my dog who has retrieved ducks for us this year but is a little rough around the edges. We know of a couple of private spots we could possibly lease if you would be interested. Please let me know
COgoosehunter24
Newb

Postby Bigboyduckhunter » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Im in the springs, and did pretty well last year around there... if i find any good spots ill let you know...
blue wing-6
green wing-2
trips-2
Bigboyduckhunter
hunter

Postby colosilverado » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:11 am

I'll have to quit being lazy and plan a hunt or two down that way. My buddy actually owns property down there that borders the Arkansas. It was his folks' house/property that has fallen into a sad state. I don't go down because of the distance and the fact that every time he goes down there, the neighbors call the sheriff and he has to prove that he owns the place.
He loves that fact and said he'll tell the neighbors when I'm coming down, but I'm kind of leery about some kinda mix up and spending time in the pokey. He'd never let me live that down as he lives to see me and others squirm a little...lol.
colosilverado
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting