Eurasian Collared Doves

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Eurasian Collared Doves

Postby brooks264 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:47 pm

The Colorado Division of Wildlife has announced new regulations for taking of Eurasian Collared Doves. From the Sunday July 11, 2010 Denver Post, Outdoors section "Effective September 01, 2010 hunters may shoot the collared doves year-round". "No bag or possession limits apply, but the doves must remain fully feathered while hunters are in the field or transporting the doves".

The collared dove is one tough, reproducing bird. They stay in my area of the state year round, the coldest of winter temps do not seem to bother them much. Habitat preference seems a little different from Mourning Doves, both town and rural, with a particular liking for large, narley trees, with family units grouped together on the same trees.

With the indigenous Mourning Dove being displaced by the Collared, :fingerpt: :fingerpt: a more selective shooting of the collaed may be in order.

Daryl
When asked where he went on vacation, Edward Teller replied, "half way across my backyard"
brooks264
hunter

Re: Eurasian Collared Doves

Postby dukhnter7 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:28 pm

Good news! :beer:
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Re: Eurasian Collared Doves

Postby colosilverado » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:05 am

Yeah, I'm not gonna use lead anymore and carry some steel for the doves at all times now. I have a buddy who loves dove breasts with jalapenos and wrapped in bacon, so they aren't wasted meat either! That's perfect to me.
colosilverado
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting