New to the Colorado forum

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

New to the Colorado forum

Postby 303QuackStackers » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Hey I am Richard I am 23, I grew up duck hunting in North Dakota in 2000 My family relocated to Co.I didn't hunt here through my teen years but now I go as often as I can, usually 3 times a week minimum through the season. My wife is going to start hunting with me this year and my 2 year old daughter's favorite shows are ducks unlimited and Duck commander we brought her home the hospital in a Max 4 onezie.I have a 3 year old yellow lab who like most lives for this stuff. My setup in moderate I am always trying to add to it but I like to keep it realistic. I usually go out with 2 dozen GHG's I have a dozen greenheads ( hot buy II ) and a marsh and puddler pack for the other dozen and a few feeder butts/top feeders. I texas rig them so I can pick up or set up quick. I also use 2 baby mojos for the price you cant beat them. I don't have any fancy duck calls that cost an arm or a leg but I would deffinetly like to upgrade the ones I use. This year I will be shooting with a Gopro fixed to my gun and probably my wife's, one of my buddies who doesn't shoot ever will film the other stuff so hopefully we can get some good video to post up. I try to get my friends into it but none of them are into it like I am so I joined the forum to be around some other quackheads. I shoot an old pump 12 gauge with BB loads nothing fancy I always say that I don't need a fancy gun or fancy ammo to kill a lot of birds. Hit me up with questions or comments anytime through the season I will post pictures and if we can post videos I will or ill have links if you want to see them I will do my best to post a scouting report and keep a good/ current bag count on my signature again..... questions comments or advise are all welcome tell me to shut the hell up till the season thats fine to.
thanks
" May God grant you all clear sights and crisp triggers "
Richard S.
303QuackStackers
Newb

Re: New to the Colorado forum

Postby shotty5000 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Hey Richard Im Alex and I am also 23 and I just moved to Lone Tree from New Jersey. Last year was my first season duck hunting in New Jersey and I cant wait for the season to start here. Due to the size of the apartment me and my fiance live in and the fact that we had limited space while moving out here I have my gun, the clothing I need to hunt and a few other things but my decoys and the big stuff had to stay at home so I was looking to partner up with someone both for their knowledge of the area and to share resources. You can send me a message if you want to contact me by any other means of communication.
shotty5000
Newb

Re: New to the Colorado forum

Postby shootable Goose » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:58 am

hey richard and alex. im 18. i have lived in colorado my whole life. i currently go to rock canyon highschool, if you know were that is. i go hunting as much as i can. about every weekend. up north in fort collins there is a lot of birds up there. send me a pm and we can set up some hunts. :beer:
Attachments
goose hunting.jpg
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting