New to Colorado (Lakewood)

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

New to Colorado (Lakewood)

Postby Tru16 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:17 pm

Hey all,

My name is Andrew, I just recently moved to the Denver Metro from Michigans Upper Peninsula and will be working with the DOW as a Fish Tech. I am 22 and have been duck hunting for a couple years so Im still kinda new at it. I have done some research on public lands and such for waterfowl hunting, and was just wondering if anyone had any tips. Im not asking for any spots or anything just some information that may help or someone who would like to go out on a hunt sometime.

Thanks for the help
Tru16
Newb

Re: New to Colorado (Lakewood)

Postby duckman27 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:05 am

If you are ever up at the DOW Office in Fort Collins let me know and I'll take you on a hunt. As far as hunting in this area goes, the public land is crowded. If you can get private land you will have alot better success. THat is not to say that you can't kill alot of birds on public land you just may not kill as many as you would on private. The geese get here in big numbers usually between Thanksgiving and Christmas. THe ducks are here in good numbers as soon as the Dakotas get a good snow. There are alot of SWA's along the front range that you should check out. Hope that helps. Scott
duckman27
hunter

Postby kill'em21 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:44 pm

PM'd You
Sweetest words in the world are when 100 birds are trying to land on your face and somebody yells "KILL 'EM"

2012-13
6 bwt
3 gwt
1 wood duck
1 Gadwall
3 mallards
1 bluebill
kill'em21
hunter

Postby Tru16 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Thanks a lot Scott, Ill send you a PM if I am every around.
Tru16
Newb

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting