Hey guys just moved here

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Hey guys just moved here

Postby huntingislife » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:19 pm

Hey everyone, my name is bill. Ive hunted waterfowl since i was a young boy. I grew up in maryland with all the wood ducks. I recently moved here because i watched my town go from nice and peacful to crowded and violent. Anyways, I am very excited. My wife is finally ready to let my boy go hunting with me. He is 12 years old and loves to watch hunting on tv. I am living in peyton colorado right now, but dont have a clue on where to go and hunt. I am not asking for any secret spots or anything. But i would love to be able and show the boy a good time with his dad. Thanks for any responses.
huntingislife
Newb

Re: Hey guys just moved here

Postby duckman27 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:01 pm

Go to the Colorado Division of Wildlife's website and search SWA's. There are alot of them around. Out here you'll get the occasional woody early in the season and then that's about it unless you get lucky
duckman27
hunter

Postby colosilverado » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:40 pm

It can be pretty tough going out here, on public land anyway. I've debated giving it up, but I can't fight the itch. I wish I had some sage advice to give, but I don't.
colosilverado
hunter

Postby huntingislife » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:18 pm

Thanks for the posts guys. Ive looked around on the internet and am still trying to find some spots. Im not worried about people, because my main goal is just to spend some qaulity time with my boy. Of course birds would make it great. I will keep looking, since nothing like that is easy to find.

Have a good day gentlemen,
Bill
huntingislife
Newb

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting