SW Colorado Duck Hunting

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

SW Colorado Duck Hunting

Postby Dgo Hunter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:40 pm

Anyone hunt in the Durango area? Lots of ducks down here and lots of places to hunt.
Dgo Hunter
Newb

Re: SW Colorado Duck Hunting

Postby captainkevan » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:57 am

This is a perfect thread.... I am a mod for massachusetts and looking into putting a trip together to durango with 1 or 2 of my buddies. My dad lives there so gunna use it as a base camp for some waterfowling. It's good to know that there are plenty of places. Access is a HUGE problem out here. It's probably not feasable to ship out decoys and dogs, So we are looking for either an outfitters or some local guys to hook up with while there. We are seasoned waterfowlers and would appreciate any info on the area that we can get.
~Kevan~
TEAM WASABi !!!!!!
captainkevan
Forum & State Moderator

Re: SW Colorado Duck Hunting

Postby mngreenheadkilla » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:40 am

I would be game for a hunt over that way, I have never hunted down there but i am all for getting away from the crowds around denver and the front range. I am 28 years old and have been waterfowlin' for about 10 years now. I have plenty of G+H puddler and diver decoys along w/ a bunch of full body honker and mallards, a couple mojos etc. etc. All that a guy would need to kill whatever birds are over that way..... Let me know, I would love to tag along!
mngreenheadkilla
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting