Looking for a place

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Looking for a place

Postby cjpballer » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:24 am

Hi my name is chris moved to colorado about two years ago and am still looking for a place to duck hunt or people to hunt with. I live in littleton now. I am pretty experienced with duck hunting I have my own decoys, calls, robo duck etc. been duck hunting for about 15 years now. I know people won't tell me exactly where to go but if you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thank you,
Chris
cjpballer
hunter

Re: Looking for a place

Postby duckman27 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:16 am

Along the Northern front range and out into Eastern Colorado along the Platte. Look up some of the SWA and river areas for Brush, Ft. Morgan, and Sterling
duckman27
hunter

Postby cjpballer » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks definitely appreciate it. If anyone else has any suggestions I'm all ears. If anyone is looking for some one to hunt with let me know
cjpballer
hunter

Postby hockymvp » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:30 pm

I've been going up north of Fort Collins alone for the past couple weekends. Have had flocks fly close, but not close enough. I'd go out to the field with you if you didn't mind a noob going with you. Been hunting with friends on private land for four years, and haven't fired a shot yet.
hockymvp
hunter

Postby cjpballer » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:15 pm

Ya I am down. What city are you from around here. Is there any water in the field? My decoys are mainly for water.... Is it mainly duck and geese or just one or the other? Send me a pm and we can talk more.
-Chris
cjpballer
hunter

Postby Riverjumper » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:11 pm

I have a trailer with 12doz mixed FB, shells and Silos. If you have a field with geese or very good traffic, let me know. Looking for people and places myself.
Riverjumper
hunter

Postby cjpballer » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:16 pm

I just did some research on some areas. Looking to check them out at the end of this week if you want to meet up and check them out with me and myabe do some hunting if we find a promising area when it opens back up send me a pm.
cjpballer
hunter

Postby hockymvp » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:27 pm

I know of a few spots. A couple of them have water. Pond, and a little ditch in one spot. It was frozen last weekend. Someone was out there on the ice in a blind. I plan on going pretty much every weekend. I'm up for this weekend. Spot, and time is negotiable.
hockymvp
hunter

Postby Riverjumper » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:57 pm

hocky, sent you a PM
Riverjumper
hunter

Postby boots_down! » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:56 pm

There are a couple of ponds and a spot on the river near Greely and over in Brush. Season starts again on the 23! There shouldn't be anyone hunting on the ponds that was mentioned in an earlier post.
boots_down!
Newb

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting