Christmas Eve Limits with family

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Christmas Eve Limits with family

Postby mngreenheadkilla » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:05 pm

Got a chance to hunt w/ my brother and dad on christmas eve. It was short and sweet. The last time I sat in a blind w/ my pops was in '93. So this was a much needed hunt, he just brought his camera. He is an amazing photographer and took some amazing photos, I will post some when they get edited! But here is one of the finished product. I hope everyone got to enjoy some quality time w/ family as I did. Merry Christmas!!!
Attachments
Christmas Eve 2011.jpg
mngreenheadkilla
hunter

Re: Christmas Eve Limits with family

Postby ColoradoGooser » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:37 pm

Congrats,looks like a great spot!
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much

Annoy a Liberal,work hard and be happy
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:22 pm

Nice lookin greenheads
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby HereDuckyDuckyDucky » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:44 am

That's an awesome picture
HereDuckyDuckyDucky
hunter

Postby Screech » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:01 pm

That spot looks sweet :beer: Congrats on the limit's of GREEN :thumbsup:
Team Mojo stats:

Ducks- 115
Geese- 1
myself- 59
Screech
hunter

Postby stone em » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Probably a pretty random post from a florida guy, but i have a question for yall...my buddy's dad moved up somewhere around denver and has some property with a stream like that running through it...my buddy was visiting his dad in january and saw some geese and mallards flying down the stream (idiot forgot to bring his duck gear).were going to hunt it next season. from what my buddy says the water is moving fast and he doesnt think it will freeze very easily. My question to yall is what time of the year up there is predominately better to hunt...i know down here the later decemeber/january months are normally the best but i have a feeling that the birds might all be pushed out by then. obviously living down here we wont really get a chance to scout it that much...Appreciate any advice or strategies...
If they land dont hesitate...
stone em
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:01 pm

stone em wrote:Probably a pretty random post from a florida guy, but i have a question for yall...my buddy's dad moved up somewhere around denver and has some property with a stream like that running through it...my buddy was visiting his dad in january and saw some geese and mallards flying down the stream (idiot forgot to bring his duck gear).were going to hunt it next season. from what my buddy says the water is moving fast and he doesnt think it will freeze very easily. My question to yall is what time of the year up there is predominately better to hunt...i know down here the later decemeber/january months are normally the best but i have a feeling that the birds might all be pushed out by then. obviously living down here we wont really get a chance to scout it that much...Appreciate any advice or strategies...

in the early months, your gunna get a lot more teal and gadwall. then as the weather moves in the mallards usually show up. around december and january is usually good. now this year was way off. a lot of birds never even showed up. so you never know...
geese move in and out all season.
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby stone em » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:32 am

Thanks for the advice...and yes i agree this season was way off from normal...based off the last 4 season would you say that novemeber would be a decent hunt speaking that the weather runs its normal course...or would it just be better to play it safe and shoot for december? thanks for the help
If they land dont hesitate...
stone em
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:26 am

Ya If normal weather happens than November is great. When you say play it safe and wait for December Im not sure what you mean? I hunt every month in the season whether there's a lot of birds or not. You never know.
shootable Goose
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting