Duck numbers on the western slope near Grand Junction co?

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Duck numbers on the western slope near Grand Junction co?

Postby bulldog3.5 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:58 am

Hello,
I am new to the site and am trying things out. I am currently living in fort collins working in the oil field. I am headed back over to my home town of Grand Junction for 4 or 5 days. Hoping to hit the blind some and was wandering if anyone had any info bout duck/geese numbers and where some have been givin a good look. I have been hearing bad news bout the numbers on the leased land and swas i have grew up hunting. I would like to travel a little ways up the gunison even into delta montrose to see how the hunting is, even would take a look out west towards utah.
Thanks for the info and good luck to you all out there. If anyone in the area of junction wants to go out this weekend shoot me a message always lookin for someone to blast some birds.
bulldog3.5
Newb

Re: Duck numbers on the western slope near Grand Junction co?

Postby shootable Goose » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:17 pm

stay in fort collins dont go to grand junction. plenty of birds up north
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Re: Duck numbers on the western slope near Grand Junction co?

Postby bulldog3.5 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:20 am

yeah I knew it was better over there. I am just visiting and thought i could catch a hunt but i think we are guna try and call some yotes. I am not familiar with the public land around fort collins. If anyone has some advice i would appritiate it.
bulldog3.5
Newb

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting