elk hunting

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

elk hunting

Postby swampcrawler » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:14 am

Hey guys I watched a show on cable last night.It was called I,cavemman.These people were placed in the colorado rockies .It was suppose to see if modern man could survive like cavemen.They were givin skin clothing to wear,atl atl and darts to hunt with.They ended up killing a bull elk with a dart(A LUCKY SHOT) .The bull was still in velvet .I have bowhunted in colorado back in the 90's but I believe your bow season (elk) doesn't start till sept.and bulls generally shed their velvet in August(i may be wrong).That being said I believe the guy had to poach that bull(OUT OF SEASON).I hope discovery channel doesn't condone poaching in their reality shows.I was just wondering if I was right about the timing of bow season and the shedding of velvet.
swampcrawler
hunter

Re: elk hunting

Postby shootable Goose » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Our Elk season starts aug 25 and ends sep 23rd. Also archery tags are available over the counter to anyone, so it would be easy for them to get tags. As as for when they are In velvet, I don't know.
It's possible that some poaching went down. I've seen it before on tv.
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting