Duck Hunting Forum banner

Off season

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  CSUfan237 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone I'm new to the area and I figured I would show you guys what I'm up too since the season is over. I have been to a couple websites and see people talking about how here in Colorado people don't really get a fully colored shoveler drake but I was able to get one this last season up in the north eastern part of the state. I just got it out of the freezer and tomorrow I'm going to start mounting it myself. Ill post pic as I go and show you guys how I do them.

Here is the bird after I took it out of the freezer.

See less See more
#8 ·
I shot this one in the eastern part of CO. I've talk to some people here in CO and some people have hunted CO 40+ years and have never seen one this fully colored. I was lucky to get him where I did. Im a big fan of shovelers both hunting them, and eating.

#9 ·
CSUfan237 said:
I shot this one in the eastern part of CO. I've talk to some people here in CO and some people have hunted CO 40+ years and have never seen one this fully colored. I was lucky to get him where I did. Im a big fan of shovelers both hunting them, and eating.
I've shot a few hen shovelers, but last year I shot a drake in the fort Collins area. I was going to get it mounted but it wasn't fully plummed. I havent heard that not many people shoot mature shovelers here, but all I Have shot is immature ones :lol3:

#10 ·
shootable Goose said:
CSUfan237 said:
I've shot a few hen shovelers, but last year I shot a drake in the fort Collins area. I was going to get it mounted but it wasn't fully plummed. I havent heard that not many people shoot mature shovelers here, but all I Have shot is immature ones :lol3:
Thats what we get a lot of is the hens. I think total we have shot almost 25 shovelers since I've been here in CO, and only 2 have been drakes :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.