Question....

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Question....

Postby TNhunter611 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:15 pm

So ive been looking for places a bit closer to denver than Brush. I was wondering if anyone has hunted Cline Ranch SWA and Teter-Michigan Creek SWA? Is it worth checking out or even scouting? Please PM me and let me know. Thanks guys.
2013-2014 season
10 BWT
4 GWT
8 Widgeon
4 Shovelers
4 Pintails
2 Gadwall
1 Ringed neck
TNhunter611
hunter

Re: Question....

Postby Riverjumper » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Put in the miles and scout. Scouting yourself is going to get you a lot farther than typing and asking here. We all had to do it.
Riverjumper
hunter

Postby kill'em21 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:12 am

first off I would think brush would be closer than south park and second I'll tell you right now i live in south park and I drive to brush to hunt. there isn't much up here especially in that part of the park.

my next thought is do you wanna meet up and hunt out by brush. i typically go out that way once the migration starts.
Sweetest words in the world are when 100 birds are trying to land on your face and somebody yells "KILL 'EM"

2012-13
6 bwt
3 gwt
1 wood duck
1 Gadwall
3 mallards
1 bluebill
kill'em21
hunter

Postby mngreenheadkilla » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:27 am

I second what riverjumper said. You will get little tidbits here and there about a very general area on here. The only way to you are gonna kill em is to get after em and put some miles on and scout and try new spots. This is my 3rd season out here and there is a lot of good hunting to be had. You can go back through old forum posts on here and its always the same question, "where to hunt" the guys that are on here may throw you a bone once in a while if you are lucky..... Start on the CO DOW website and then get on the phone with them. There are plenty of people employed by the state that will get you headed in the right direction, they want you to enjoy yourself out there. That and coupled with tons of public land, the odds are in your favor if you utilize the info available. Good luck!
mngreenheadkilla
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting