need new hunting buddies

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

need new hunting buddies

Postby bigbuddha21 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:12 pm

howdy yall my name is david ive been duck and goose hunting for 3 years. only shot maybe 3 ducks a year and no geese yet, i live in the westminster area and just looking for some people to go hunting with. this year will be my sisters first hunt and trying to find other places to go than simpson and big thompson ponds we have 2 dozen duck decoys and only 2 goose decoys no dog. just toss me a line if you would like to go hunt some time or know any where else we could hunt with out driving 2 or 3 hours to get there. thank you
bigbuddha21
hunter

Re: need new hunting buddies

Postby duckman27 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:10 pm

I feel like somebody is asking for spots :biggrin:
duckman27
hunter

Postby kill'em21 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:24 am

Well If youve got a truck or car you're covered. I live up in south park and come down to the front range farily often to hunt ducks. I'll tell you right now If you're only killin 3 ducks a year you're not working hard enough. Duck hunting takes alot of scouting and time. when I started out I only had 12 decoys and couldn't blow a duck call to save my life and I killed birds because I hunted where the birds wanted to be. I hunt quite a bit out toward fort morgan which should'nt be too far from you maybe an hour or so. My best advice is drive around look for ponds and agricultural fields with birds in them then track down the landowner and ask for permission seems like a lot farmers and ranchers are pretty willing to grant permission for shooting ducks and geese. The Front Range has a lot of birds once the migration gets underway.

Good luck
Sweetest words in the world are when 100 birds are trying to land on your face and somebody yells "KILL 'EM"

2012-13
6 bwt
3 gwt
1 wood duck
1 Gadwall
3 mallards
1 bluebill
kill'em21
hunter

Postby bigbuddha21 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:35 pm

thanks guys for the advice i plan on doing alot of scouting as soon as work dies down and get a day off
bigbuddha21
hunter

Postby delta21 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:34 pm

duckman27 wrote:I feel like somebody is asking for spots :biggrin:

I feel like someone is an a**hole :sad:
delta21
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting