Pheasant Hunting

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Pheasant Hunting

Postby Cntryboy303 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:45 am

Hey guys, Was curios to know if any of you know any good Walk-Ins for pheasant hunting? My brother and I want to take our father out for his last hunt Sunday. He has end-stage cancer and he has pheasant hunting on his bucket list. We want to get him out before he gets too bad, and hopefully get him a pheasant. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I have tried to do some research but haven't found much.
Cntryboy303
Newb

Re: Pheasant Hunting

Postby shootable Goose » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:17 pm

If you take I-70 out east you can find a lot of walk ins for pheasant. Near seiburt and vona there are lots of walk ins. I was there on Thursday and we only saw one pheasant and it was on private land. If I were you, I would go to a place where they plant the birds for you. Pretty much a garuntee that you will shoot some birds. It's alway really fun and its pretty cheap too. There's one in Strasburg called "strasburg game birds", you should check them out.
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Re: Pheasant Hunting

Postby turnerj » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:33 pm

Hey brother,
There is a place in Calhan Colorado called Rocky Mountain Roosters. It has a great reputation and you are suplied a Guide and a dog they have a club house and cleaning room. They will do it all for you or you can do it all yourself up to you. I think they are awesome and have had some great hunts there with my father and sons. I have 3 #'s for them all (719) 630-3329 or 635-3257 or 347-2205.I hope this helps some. Good luck.
turnerj
Newb

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting