Duck boat in CO?

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Duck boat in CO?

Postby GIjake » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:56 am

Hey guys, I'm military and will be moving out to the C Springs area next year. I have a duck boat that I use to hunt and fish from. I know that the lakes/swamps out there aren't quite what I am use to here in NC or back in AL. Just wondering if anyone hunts from duck boat it there or if I would even use it. Would save me a ton to sell it before I drag it across the country just to park it. Thanks for the help. Happy Hunting.
GIjake
hunter

Re: Duck boat in CO?

Postby duckbuddy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:43 am

The problem with a duck boat in Colorado is which lakes are legal for you to do it. Colorado is one strict **** when it comes to gunning ducks in a boat. I believe that currently, only 2 public lakes allow you to hunt on a boat. Definitely bring your boat, just plan to fish out of it.
DUCK HUNTING ITS NOT ABOUT THE BAG ITS ABOUT GETTING AWAY
duckbuddy
hunter

Postby GIjake » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Thanks for the help. I'm looking forward to hunting in CO. Sounds like its gonna be a challenge. If you cant hunt from a boat on the lake where do you all hunt? Walk in on the ponds, rivers and streams?

Still will have to determine if it worth the hassle to pull a Jon boat from NC to AL to CO along with the rest of family....
GIjake
hunter

Postby kill'em21 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:00 pm

I'd sell it. I pulled mine out here from MI parked it for a year and a half and then sold it. I Just didn't need one. There's plenty of ponds and rivers to set up on and most of those are wadable and those that aren't you can't put a boat on legally anyways. The problem I ran into with trying to hunt on a boat on a reservior was that the check station to check your boat in often didn't open until right around daylight when you should already be set up and waiting on ducks.
Sweetest words in the world are when 100 birds are trying to land on your face and somebody yells "KILL 'EM"

2012-13
6 bwt
3 gwt
1 wood duck
1 Gadwall
3 mallards
1 bluebill
kill'em21
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting