College Kid: New to waterfowl

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

College Kid: New to waterfowl

Postby studzmckenzy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:21 pm

I'm pretty new to Pueblo (just moved here for school) and waterfowl hunting in general, but I have always been an avid competition sporting clays shooter and I would love to learn more about goose hunting and find some good spots. Today was my first duck hunt in probably 7 or 8 years, and I was behind the pueblo reservoir along the river and had a great time looking for ducks, but getting into some geese is what I'm really after, though there was neither sight nor sound of those. Are there any good public spots around here to go after geese? And if anyone needs an ethical, good shooting extra gun for a hunt I would love to tag along!
studzmckenzy
Newb

Re: College Kid: New to waterfowl

Postby dysco » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:39 pm

I normally do quite a bit of pass-shooting east of Pueblo, but this year the weather has really changed the patterns and I have taken zero shots on geese so far in several trips. Ducks are the only thing going if you're not sitting on a stack of decoys, although a few properly placed floaters around Pueblo might get some attention. Perhaps this cold snap will change that a little.
dysco
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting