Red Lion

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Red Lion

Postby mngreenheadkilla » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Any info on Red Lion!? does anyone know if the pond is frozen? I have a reservation there saturday and this is my first time hunting there and was curious if anyone knew anything about it. PM me if you would like.......If not, no big deal, I will be up that way before saturday to take a look. Gonna be camped up that way for a few days. Hopefully birds got nice and comfy during the split, Good luck to those of you going out this weekend and be safe!
mngreenheadkilla
hunter

Re: Red Lion

Postby duckbuddy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:28 pm

I more confident than not, saying its frozen. The ponds behind my house are frozen in the morning but thaw later. Being east and colder, I say it is locked with 1-2in of ice. Most ponds dont have water as far as I know so you might be crushing ice all weekend. Ill be out east as well, good luck.
DUCK HUNTING ITS NOT ABOUT THE BAG ITS ABOUT GETTING AWAY
duckbuddy
hunter

Postby mngreenheadkilla » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Thats what I am counting on. I think i will be posted up at tamarack in the wall tent. Chances are that there will be a few beers on ice if anyone wants to swing by. Got some full bodies and layouts in case i were to stumble on some honks and a willing landowner! Good luck!!
mngreenheadkilla
hunter

Postby bigbuddha21 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:42 pm

since you got a layout you should hit up prewitt i seen over 100 thousand Canadians and snows and got 20 snows in a half hour
bigbuddha21
hunter

Postby bigbuddha21 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:20 pm

and some of the ponds ive been hunting around loveland have enough ice to hold me up while jumping on it and im a big guy
bigbuddha21
hunter

Postby BGipson » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:49 am

I'll be working at Red Lion this weekend and probably hunting somewhere once I get off work for the afternoon. I'll be up there tomorrow afternoon to scout around a bit so if I can find some internet I'll let ya know what's up.
Every day I try to be the person my dog thinks I am. If I have accomplished this when my time comes, I feel I will have had a pretty good life.

FowlGrunt Field Staff
BGipson
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting