Some help from DHC brothers

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Some help from DHC brothers

Postby Normmcclean » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:21 pm

I am planning on taking my wife to colorado for the first time I have been a few times when I was younger but she has never been to the mountains. Were planning on driving and will probably only have 3 days in Colorado I was just wondering with limited time what do you think would be must see places in the state. I was thinking the drive down to colorado springs would be nice but with the fires this year I am worried about the traveling being hindered around that area. So when you have family and friends visit whats your go to spots to see I prefer small town and not to crowded but really want to take my wifes breath away on her first time to the rockies. Thanks for the help and good hunting to yall.
Normmcclean
hunter

Re: Some help from DHC brothers

Postby bamagrad1992 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:28 am

we are moving to colorado springs in july. when we house hunted in April, it was beautiful. for the springs, visit the AF Academy, garden of the gods, and pikes peak. have heard about a little old west gambling town up in the mountains called cripple creek. was told that was a pretty cool place.

fires are contained -- so much of the area should be good to go. we loved it when we visited -- clean air, beautiful scenery, and just good clean living.

best of luck!

b
Git em in the deeks, keep em in the deeks...
bamagrad1992
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:11 pm

I had a nice long list of what to do but my phone deleted it and I don't feel like writing it all up again so I'll redo it tomorrow :mad:
duckman27
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:39 pm

Fires don't tend to mess up travel at all so no need to worry about that..Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods is in the Springs which are both pretty cool. You really ought to drive up to Rocky Mountain National Park. Tons of Elk, Deer, and Bighorn Sheep. You'll end up in Estes Park which has a bunch of shops and whatnot which women tend to enjoy. If you take Trail Ridge Road over the Continental Divide (13,000 feet, really cool) you'll end up in Granby where there are a ton of moose. Last place I'd tell you take a take a look at is Glenwood Canyon. I'd also recommend catching a Rockies game if you're a baseball fan.
duckman27
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting