Looking for CO Hunting group

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Looking for CO Hunting group

Postby DuckShot88 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi I moved to Thornton, CO back in July and I am looking to meet some fellow hunters out here. I am from Maryland and have been hunting geese and river/puddle ducks for years with my Dad. I do not have a boat or decoys, but I can call and I have a 1 year yellow lab for retrieving our birds! This year will be his first hunting trip and his first retrieve. I would love to watch him work this season! He is well trained and close to getting his Junior title. Before this duck season, I would also like to do some dove hunting as well if interested. I am willing to travel for the hunting location.

I am a safe hunter. I don't shoot over dogs, or drink and hunt, and I always keep my gun pointed in a safe direction. I will need to work on identifying the different ducks that are out here. Maryland commonly had Black duck, mallard, buffle head, mergenser, and wood duck.

Thanks, and lets put the black cloud to good use this season!
2013 Season
Mallard 9
Gadwall 6
BWT 5
Canada Goose 4
Shoveler 3
GWT 2
Wigeon 2
Pintail 1
Ring Neck 1
DuckShot88
hunter

Re: Looking for CO Hunting group

Postby ColoradoGooser » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:34 pm

I'm sure some others that are closer to your location will get you out for some great hunts during the up coming season.
Good luck!
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby DuckShot88 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:46 am

Thanks, I am hoping to get out this season. If anyone is interested in getting together for a hunt, feel free to pm me. It sounds like most of the duck/goose hunting is in the North/South East of the state. I haven't heard much on dove yet. Are there any public blind sites in Colorado?

Even if I do not get out this season, at least now I am in a state that has more 2nd amendment freedom than Marylandistan!
2013 Season
Mallard 9
Gadwall 6
BWT 5
Canada Goose 4
Shoveler 3
GWT 2
Wigeon 2
Pintail 1
Ring Neck 1
DuckShot88
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:25 am

DuckShot88 wrote:Thanks, I am hoping to get out this season. If anyone is interested in getting together for a hunt, feel free to pm me. It sounds like most of the duck/goose hunting is in the North/South East of the state. I haven't heard much on dove yet. Are there any public blind sites in Colorado?

Even if I do not get out this season, at least now I am in a state that has more 2nd amendment freedom than Marylandistan!

A good majority of the SWA's have excellent/good dove action.
http://wildlife.state.co.us/LandWater/S ... s/swa.aspx
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby DuckShot88 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Thanks, that is some good info. I was wondering what SWAs were.
2013 Season
Mallard 9
Gadwall 6
BWT 5
Canada Goose 4
Shoveler 3
GWT 2
Wigeon 2
Pintail 1
Ring Neck 1
DuckShot88
hunter

Postby relocatedduckman » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:07 am

I am moving to commerce city tomorrow.. And I'm also looking for some quacker spots. But Ill go find some.. Send me your info and we will get out together. My 130lb black lab is itchin for some ducks..
relocatedduckman
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting