Duck Hunting Near Denver

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Duck Hunting Near Denver

Postby alechuval » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:35 pm

I'm 19 and a freshman at School of Mines and new to the area. I'm originally from Louisiana and have been waterfowl hunting since I was 6 years old and I'm missing it. I'm looking for places to hunt in the area for the next few years. Anyone have any ideas?
alechuval
Newb

Re: Duck Hunting Near Denver

Postby stut8500 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:33 pm

If you're in Golden, join a hunting club and get access to private lands. If I were closer to the front range, that's what I'd do.
ATO
stut8500
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:49 pm

Not going to be near the amount of public land that you are probably used to. Take a day and head out east and learn where the SWA's are. There are plenty of birds to be had. You just have to figure out how things work out here. Good Luck :thumbsup:
duckman27
hunter

Postby rrconductor » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:34 pm

When I was in school in Denver in '75- '76 we hunted a first come first serve reservoir NE of Denver, patterned the ducks, then knocked on doors.

Most of the ranchers were agreeable and we asked them to write it down just in case. We shot a lot of G heads on warm water irrigation ditches and Pheasants on fence lines along ditches.

Always offered ranchers some cleaned birds and got to hunt for 2 yrs.

I was at the School of Trades (gunsmithing). We did the same thing with speed goats in Wy.

Good Luck!
rrconductor
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting