Help would be greatly appreciated!

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Postby cowboyneilatthewheel » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:55 pm

My name is Cornelius and im originally from ohio. Ive lived in Colorado for 7 years now, unfortunately I haven't met anybody that hunts. I live downtown Denver so mostly people are just into going to bars haha. I grew up hunting whitetail and turkey but Id really like to learn how to duck and goose hunt! If there is anyone in colorado willing to help me out I would be glad to contribute in anyway. I have a truck and shotgun but no decoys or calls. I have no problem pitching in for gas or buying beer or whatever it takes to get some experience. I hope you all are out filling your freezers. Any and all help appreciated!
cowboyneilatthewheel
hunter

Re: Help would be greatly appreciated!

Postby Mark F. Cheney » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:43 pm

A couple of hours north of you on the north Platt in Nebraska is some great duck hunting. In Colorado there is duck hunting on the South platt as well. There is so much agriculture around Denver, say Littleton and east that there has to be lots of water fowl feeding during the migration down the front range. All of that aside, hunting with a friend is a great experience.

Good luck.

Mark F. Cheney
utahmarshmotors.com on the Great Salt Lake marsh

801 721 3293
Mark F. Cheney
DHC Sponsor

Postby cowboyneilatthewheel » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:46 pm

Hey thanks for the info Mark! I appreciate it. cant find anybody to take me so im just going at it alone. hopefully i can figure something out.
cowboyneilatthewheel
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:02 am

Cowboy, pm me. I have some areas about an hour out from Denver. I was raised out there and have some good spots with lots of water. If it hunts anything like it did when I was there, you will have a blast!
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Grouse » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:02 pm

If ya want pm me I used to hunt mountains and plains.
Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.
Grouse
hunter

Postby gochiefs25 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:29 pm

I would love some help as well. I moved to Denver from Kansas last summer and have had withdrawls from all the good waterfowl hunting back home. I hunted Barr lake this morning and took 1 green winged teal, and also went to scout banner lakes. Does anyone know anything about other SWA close to denver?

also, id be particularly interested in finding some mountain lakes to hunt if anyone has any good suggestions.

JB
gochiefs25
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting