help a non res!!!!!!

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

help a non res!!!!!!

Postby 9er » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:46 pm

Im a begineer when it comes to geese and ducks!!

My inlaws have some ground over by brighton, i was wondering if some of you residents could tell me if that is any good? also, what do ya do for blinds? i dont have a coffin or anything like that. any other pointers will be great!
Thanks
9er

also, are there many birds this year over that way! thanks again
9er
hunter

Postby Jrhurt » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:39 pm

Brighton is a prime spot. It is close so close to Denver that it is tough to find any affordable spots to hunt. You might have married into a hell of a spot.

For blinds, most guys either dig pits or use layouts. If you don't have a layout, it would probably be worth investing in one. I heard Gander Mountain in Northglenn was running theirs 50% off last week. If not, you can always lay on the ground and cover up. That can get pretty chilly though.
Jrhurt
hunter

Postby dukhnter7 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:21 am

If theres a distch nearby or possibly an overgrown fence row, you can hide in that. Depends on the land and what's around.
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Postby bullelkklr » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:03 pm

I have some deeks (not a lot, but about 8-9 dozen) and 2 layouts - my calling is marginal at best - but effective enough if the birds want in :)

I have pits out by wiggins and orchard, but Brighton is looking REALLY good in comparison. I would be more than happy to come out and join up with you for a hunt on your in-laws place sometime - have to be after the xmas holiday though. I don't look at this forum often so look me up on coloradowaterfowl.com - same moniker.

Randy
bullelkklr
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting