Duck hunting in northeastern CO

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Duck hunting in northeastern CO

Postby sammyg » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:12 am

Hello, I am brand new to this board, and my wife, son and I all hunt. We had a small lease on a pond in hudson that froze up on us completely. As my son is 11, he hunted the second split last year and the first split this year. Since the pond is all done, does anyone know of any decent public land that we can hunt up in the Brighton area, or would anyone like to either do some horsetrading for waterfowling rights at your place.. I am an electrical contractor and would be willing if it works for both of us of course, to trade some work for hunting rights for duck/goose land. Let me know if you are interested as I would like very much to see that my son and wife can hunt this year and years into the future.. Thanks, Regards Sammyg
If you can call them in tight, you can shoot them down all night..
sammyg
hunter

Postby Jrhurt » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:20 pm

No public in the Brighton area unfortunately. Most of the swa are quite a bit further. There is a book called Guide to Colorado SWA's or something to that effect. I think you can order on the DOW website. It will be pretty usefull in your search for public land. Unfortunately, to get to a decent public spot that isn't crowded, you will have quite a drive ahead of you.
Jrhurt
hunter

Postby chaosbuddy » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:29 pm

You can get an atlas out there at walmart or any of the bookstores, its a big red atlas, a.k.a. The Big Red Book. its great and very useful. I would recomend going up I-76 quite a bit further to get some decent public land. Head up towards sterling.
chaosbuddy
hunter

Postby sammyg » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:15 am

I appreciate the suggestions about northeast.. I was really looking more for someone with private land willing to sublease or trade for hunting rights...
If you can call them in tight, you can shoot them down all night..
sammyg
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting