Prairie Dog Help

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Prairie Dog Help

Postby duckplucker » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:37 pm

Well everyone, its just about time for my trip to do some prarie dog hunting this year. In about mid May (right after school gets out) Im going to go to SW kansas in hopes of finding some dogs. Anyway I was hoping some of you might be able to help me out by giving me a report of how it looks down there #'s wise, or inform me of some good places (private or public) to go.
Went to the Cimarron last year and had a ball, probly gonna start there again. But its always good to have a backup plan, so im open to any info. Also, if you know of any good areas in Northern Texas, the OK panhandle, or East Colorado, heck even into Nebraska, I'm all ears. Thanks!

Also, i heard that in CO its illegal to shoot prarie dogs on public ground, so if i could get that confirmed it will be good to know.
"Take 'em"
duckplucker
hunter

Postby FlybyNite » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:47 pm

The 2008 Colorado Small Game brochure won't be out for several months yet, but the '07 prairie dog season ran from June 15 thru Feb 29 on public lands. It's year-round for private lands, though. You might call the Lamar DOW office & ask if they know anyone who'd like to have a few disposed of. They're at 719.336.6600. The office is at 2500 S. Main, NOT 1204 E. Olive if you decide to visit them. :thumbsup:
Good luck.
Don
Don't believe everything you think!
FlybyNite
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting