Question...

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Question...

Postby Goosekiller06 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:05 pm

Were going to Colorado for the opener for duck hunting the 1st week of Oct. We will be hunting state ground and when I look up the description of the land for hunting it says Big game, Small game. Does this mean we can hunt waterfowl here? For licsensing waterfowl has its own category, however under small game falconry is listed as being used for waterfowl, upland birds, ect. So I guess what im looking for is would small game be waterfowl as well? :huh: I would post this in the Colorado forum, but im looking for quick responses.

Thanks goose.
GET YOUR BOOGER HOOK OFF MY BANGSTICK!
08/09 Season Totals
Snipe-5
Shovler-1
Geese-11
Mallards-2
Greenwings-1
Bluewings-3
Pintails-
Gadwall-17
RedHeads-
Widgeon-6
Woodies-7
Goosekiller06
hunter

Postby greenster » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:47 pm

Waterfowl is small game.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby grenhdkilr » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:58 pm

hOW MNY OF YOU GUYS ARE COMING???AND ARE YOU COMING OUT JUST TO HUNT OR SOME OTHER REASON?
IS IT SEPT 1st YET
grenhdkilr
hunter

Postby derbyhillsranch » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:01 pm

it will be just me and goose. we goin out to visit his parents in loveland and doing a lil hunting while were there. any suggestions?
"ROCK 'EM BOYS"
derbyhillsranch
hunter

Postby Belly up dux » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:52 pm

I grew up in Loveland. There is some public land there. Boyd Lake, Big Thompson Ponds, Lone Tree Res., Wellington, should all have a few birds around. It has been a while since I hunted there, but that is where we got birds. Waterfowl are small game as stated before.
Belly up dux
State Moderator

Postby duckbuddy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:27 am

hey goose n partner, wait til that weekend to come and arrive at red lion SWA near crook, co. Arrive at round 3-4am just to claim your spot, doz deks, 1 mojo and within 1 hr u should have ur limit of teals and a possible big duck. there are losers there that skybust but the teals will be around. If you want big ducks, try reserving jackson lake SWA(dont ask me bout the system, its new this year).
if you want close action to loveland, there are lakes but ducks are like 1 to every 5 hunters.
DUCK HUNTING ITS NOT ABOUT THE BAG ITS ABOUT GETTING AWAY
duckbuddy
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting