Moving to CO, Need Some Help

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Moving to CO, Need Some Help

Postby BearTex » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:38 am

I will be transfering to Denver in early September and need some advice and help with duck hunting. I do not have any clue how the hunting is up there for ducks and geese so I would like some feed back on the type of hunting (leases, guided, public land) that ya'll do. The type of hunting that I am used to is coastal marshes, flooded rice fields and large lakes. How does that compare to CO? Are there any outfitters that ya'll would recommend to contact to get on a season lease, or do any of you happen to have any openings on your lease? What would be a good cost range for a lease up there? If you have some openings and do not want to post them please email me at atmscott02@hotmail.com.

Beside hunting I am looking for a retriever club to get involved with. I have a BLM that this will be his first season and is progressing nicely with his training and would like the support and advice that a retriever club can offer. Also, are there any professional trainers in the area that you would recommend for professional advice?
BearTex
hunter

Postby USMC » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:19 am

The hunting in Co is completly different than what you are use to. Small ponds, small lakes, swallow rivers (knee deep at best) and field hunting for geese.
The duck hunting is either really good or really bad!! The goose hunting is pretty good. But you will have to get some $$$$ to get some decent leases. Try this site out and ask, see what they say!

http://www.coloradowaterfowl.com/forum/
USMC
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting