CO light goose conservation order

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

CO light goose conservation order

Postby J Turner » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:47 pm

Hows the Snow goose hunting in NE Colorado? Do the farmers let you in the fields? Are there any places to pass shoot them?

Back in Washington it was always put out 300 decoys for 10 minutes of shooting and all the guys were shooting at birds 80 yards up wasting ammo.
J Turner
hunter

Postby xfps » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:05 pm

N.E. CO. is tough most places are leased, and the Public...well its Public. Hunt mid week and scout your *** off and you will get birds.
S.E. CO. offers alot better situation with a little ask for permission hunts still avaliable. In all honesty goto NE. lots of farmers have let me go. and alot more birds. Also the tag/license to shoot spring snows is cheap. Not to mention the drive is about the same.
xfps
hunter

Dreaming of Next Spring

Postby Wuandbeag » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:51 pm

I hope to get in on that action next spring when I move back to Colo Spgs. I have yet to shoot a snow or Ross's goose, tho I have seen a lot of them in the Arkansas River Valley. I've heard a lot about Queen's Lake SWA north of Lamar, but I also hear that you have to put out a huge spread from snows and that they are really hard to get to close the deal and come on in to within decent shooting range.
For some good reading on early American history, check out my website: http://johngrenier.com
Wuandbeag
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting