Help!!! makin the big move

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Help!!! makin the big move

Postby takemty » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:24 am

Hello everyone my name is Tyler and i am 20 years old i am movin from the great state of montana to just outside of Wiggins, CO i am an avid bird hunter and i will be movin right in the prime of things up here i was hoping to find out how much an out of state bird license is and if there is much public land to hunt. I am an efficent duck caller and an intermediate goose caller if anybody around there is interested in a new hunting partner. Any info is appreciated
Geese-4
Redhead-6
Bl Wing Teal-2
Gr Wing Teal-1
Bufflehead-1
BlueBill-1
Mallard-4
Gadwall-2
Pintail-3
takemty
Newb

Postby gunny ducker » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:45 pm

I am not sure what the out of state is but there is a ton of public land in CO, I dont know a ton about up in Wiggins but if you go over to Brush/ FT Morgan you can find lots of nice little holes. It isnt too far of a drive. I would have to look at a map for sure but less than an hour to Brush.
gunny ducker
hunter

Postby dukhnter7 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:00 am

You will be moving to an area known as the "Golden Triangle" of waterfowl hunting. Definately lots of opportunities around there. There are 3 lakes around there, Jackson, Empire and Riverside, thus the triangle. The south platte also runs thru the area. when you get there, head over to the Walmart in Ft Morgan and pick up a Colorado Atlas. It will have all of the public land marked and tell you what type of hunting is available on the land. Good luck to you. Maybe I'll bump in to you up there some morning!
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Postby takemty » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:51 pm

Thanks for the info you guys i really appreciate it. If you guys are ever in need of a partner or are willing to take someone along let me know!!!!
Geese-4
Redhead-6
Bl Wing Teal-2
Gr Wing Teal-1
Bufflehead-1
BlueBill-1
Mallard-4
Gadwall-2
Pintail-3
takemty
Newb

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting