Seasons set

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Seasons set

Postby dukhnter7 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:50 am

WATERFOWL SEASON DATES FINALIZED FOR UPCOMING SEASON

The Colorado Wildlife Commission met late last week for a workshop and approved the Central Flyway waterfowl season dates. All of the waterfowl dates for the 2005-2006 seasons are now final.

The September Teal Season will take place from Sept. 3 – Sept. 11 in Chaffee and Lake counties and areas east of U.S. Interstate 25 (I-25). The bag limit is four teal in aggregate and the possession limit is eight in aggregate.

The Youth Waterfowl Season will take place in both the Pacific (all areas west of the Continental Divide) and Central (all areas east of the Continental Divide) flyways from Sept. 24 – Sept. 25. Regular duck, coot and goose season bag and possession limits apply in the Pacific and Central flyways except for light geese, which are excluded from the Central Flyway youth season.

The regular Central Flyway Duck and Coot Season will take place from Oct. 1 – Oct. 23, Nov. 5 – Dec. 4 and Dec. 11 – Jan. 22.

The daily bag limit is six ducks, excluding mergansers. Of the six ducks, no more than five can be mallards, of which no more than two can be female. As part of the six duck bag limit, hunters may take one pintail and one canvasback (canvasbacks and pintails can only be taken through Nov. 20). Hunters may also take two redheads, one mottled duck, two wood ducks and two scaup as part of the six-duck daily bag limit. Additionally, the bag limit may include five mergansers, of which no more than one may be a hooded merganser. Hunters may also take 15 coots. The possession limit is two daily bag limits.

The regular Central Flyway Dark Goose Season will take place from Nov. 19 – Feb. 12 for all areas east of the Continental Divide except in Pueblo County where the season is open Dec. 3 – Feb. 12. Some areas in the Central Flyway will also be open for dark goose hunting from Oct. 1 – Oct. 9. The bag limit is three dark geese. The possession limit is six dark geese.

The regular Pacific Flyway Duck and Coot Season will take place Oct. 1 – Oct. 16 and from Nov. 2 – Jan. 29.

The daily bag limit is seven ducks, including mergansers. Of the seven, no more than two can be female mallards. Hunters can take one pintail daily, two redheads and three scaup. One canvasback can be taken daily through Dec. 15. Hunters are also allowed to take up to 25 coots per day throughout the season. The possession limit is two daily bag limits.

The September Canada Goose Season in the Pacific flyway portion of the state will take place Sept. 3 – Sept. 11. The bag limit is three Canada geese and the possession limit is six Canada geese.

The regular Pacific Flyway Dark Goose Season will take place from Oct. 1 – Oct. 7 and Nov. 2 – Jan. 29. The daily bag limit is three dark or light geese in aggregate. The possession limit is six dark or light geese in aggregate.

The regular Light Goose Season in the Central Flyway will take place Oct. 29 –Feb. 12. The bag limit is 20 light geese and the possession limit is unlimited.

The Light Goose Conservation Order Season in the Central Flyway, east of I-25 only, will take place from Feb. 18 – April 30. This season was extended by a month this year. The bag and possession limits are unlimited.

For additional information, please consult the Colorado Waterfowl Brochure 2005-2006 that will be available at Colorado Division of Wildlife offices and at license agents in mid-September.
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Seasons

Postby MattM1 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:16 pm

Thanks dukhntr7 I haven't had a chance to find a DOW pamphlet, have any of you seen them for waterfowl and small game?
TO THE GUNS TO THE GUNS!!!!!!
MattM1
hunter

Postby dukhnter7 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:29 pm

Like you, I haven't had a chance to look yet. May have to run over to either gander mnt or sportsmans tomorrow. I'll take a look.
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Postby cast-n-blast » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:09 am

For some reason I smell...waterpoop! :mrgreen:
Thanks for posting the season info over here DH7. I was gonna, but haven't had the time.
"Hippies...They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."

"If God didn't want us to shoot animals...then why'd he make 'em out of meat?"
cast-n-blast
hunter

Postby MattM1 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:51 pm

AAAAAAHHHHHHH %#@ just realized I work Oct. 1st :pissed: . Well you all better fold em for me opening day but please save a couple for the 2nd!!
TO THE GUNS TO THE GUNS!!!!!!
MattM1
hunter

Postby cast-n-blast » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:55 pm

I think not, but we'll see :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:
"Hippies...They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."

"If God didn't want us to shoot animals...then why'd he make 'em out of meat?"
cast-n-blast
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting