Anyone been out this year?

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Anyone been out this year?

Postby wilhite38 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:37 pm

I am trying to get back into duck hunting. Been a few years since I have headed out. Never hunted been duck hunting here in Colorado. If anyone has tips or they want to partner up let me know.
wilhite38
Newb

Re: Anyone been out this year?

Postby duck469 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:14 am

wilhite38 wrote:I am trying to get back into duck hunting. Been a few years since I have headed out. Never hunted been duck hunting here in Colorado. If anyone has tips or they want to partner up let me know.

I have been duck hunting only once this year because of big game hunting i been busy. However, i went duck hunting at Jumbo reservoir last Sunday and it was legit, however when it gotten later in the day 2-4 the ducks started flying by and going to another area where ducks were and not landing or coming in closer for shots, i guessing i need to improve on duck decoying or more decoys however the wind was blowing towards me and not my back maybe that's why. Although i did get my limit of ducks it was a good hunt.

I plan to go next Monday after thanksgiving if i Have time
duck469
Newb

Postby wilhite38 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:53 am

That sounds good. I wish I could go then, but I gotta work then. I was hoping to get out sometime around thanksgiving. Did you make reservations at Jumbo or did you just show up?
wilhite38
Newb

Postby duck469 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:05 am

wilhite38 wrote:That sounds good. I wish I could go then, but I gotta work then. I was hoping to get out sometime around thanksgiving. Did you make reservations at Jumbo or did you just show up?

I just showed up, the only time/reason to make a reservation for jumbo is if your geese hunting there but if not and just duck hunting then it dont matter if you reserve or not, however where i was duck hunting the geese came in low and close, i regret not reserving for geese as well...
duck469
Newb

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting