Duck numbers

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Duck numbers

Postby greenhead cutter » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:46 pm

hey guys I have been thinking pretty hard lately about transfering up to a school in colorado to finish out my college career I know that the big game hunting up there is amazing but what about the duck hunting do you get alot of birds coming through colorado, and is it mostly public land or private?
Shoot to wound!

oh crap... is that a swan?
greenhead cutter
hunter

Postby Whammo » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:35 pm

I've been pretty frustrated this year and last. There has been a lot of public concern and new rules imposed in the hopes of increasing the duck migrations. Public areas near Denver, Fort Collins and Greeley are crowded. I loaded up to goose hunt a corn field that birds were working this morning and there were pheasant hunters walking all over it in blaze orange when I came back about 2. I've never seen a pheasant in that field.

In Colorado, ducks definitely take a back seat to the Canada goose. They are simply more plentiful than ducks.

Hunting clubs can be fairly reasonable considering the prices I experienced back east. Season prices for waterfowl range from $600 to $1500 with some as much as $2500. The more you pay, the nicer the people are. I ran into one real old prick on the cheap end this year. I'm very glad I didn't get mixed up with them.

Good luck.
Whammo
hunter

Postby greenhead cutter » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:24 am

thanks for the input
Shoot to wound!

oh crap... is that a swan?
greenhead cutter
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting