South CO springs training areas?

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

South CO springs training areas?

Postby wraithen » Sat May 13, 2017 7:41 pm

Hey guys,

I'll finally be back home this summer for a year or so and will be stationed at Ft. Carson. I have looked into some of the clubs in the area but was wondering where everyone trains their dogs? I don't even mind if it's an old agility course, just somewhere I can work my non stranger friendly dog. Any help to point me in a good direction would be greatly appreciated. (I tried the search already but came up with nothing recent and I know that town isn't the same one I left 14 years ago.)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Education is important, but common sense is importanter ~ tknight006
wraithen
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Re: South CO springs training areas?

Postby straight_shot » Mon May 15, 2017 7:52 am

wraithen wrote:Hey guys,

I'll finally be back home this summer for a year or so and will be stationed at Ft. Carson. I have looked into some of the clubs in the area but was wondering where everyone trains their dogs? I don't even mind if it's an old agility course, just somewhere I can work my non stranger friendly dog. Any help to point me in a good direction would be greatly appreciated. (I tried the search already but came up with nothing recent and I know that town isn't the same one I left 14 years ago.)

I know some guys use the facilities up at Cherry Creek state park, if you're up to the drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
straight_shot
hunter

Postby wraithen » Mon May 15, 2017 9:16 am

That's a bit far for normal use for me. Is there something there that offers something special? Like a groomed field with small pond and light breaks of cover? Might be worth it for the weekend. I'll probably have better luck with some of the club's in the area just thought someone might know of a close off leash area that's not a heavily used dog pen.

Education is important, but common sense is importanter ~ tknight006
wraithen
hunter

Postby straight_shot » Mon May 15, 2017 9:24 am

Honestly not sure as I haven't personally been over to it yet. Just heard they had a retriever training area that was off limits to everyday dog park goers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
straight_shot
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting