Delta Waterfowl

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Delta Waterfowl

Postby dukhnter7 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:36 am

For info about Delta Waterfowl or to become a member, please visit www.deltawaterfowl.org

Chapters in CO:

Denver, CO - Rocky Mountain | Chairperson: Rodney Rexwinkle (720) 371-9394

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(new in 2008)
Sterling, CO - South Platte | Chairperson: Troy Gerk (970) 522-5399
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Re: Delta Waterfowl

Postby DRHunter » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:21 pm

Rod,

Hope you guys are doing good. I settled in last year around Denver and contacted both Delta and Ducks Unlimited to find a area or chapter to help out with. Had guys with both organization in the state of Colorado say there is going to be someone contacting you. Twice.. actually.. What gives with Colorado? You guys overwhelmed in the state or are we still trying to get things organized here. I was kinda amazed so decided to take trips back to North Dakota to help out my old chapter until things get sorted out. Thing usually take this long here?
Good Day and Good Huntin to You!
DRHunter
hunter

Postby delta21 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Colorado Duck hunters dont like to share. I've hunted the Southeast for 20 years, if you asked another hunter about an area they would answer honestly without giving up their honeyhole. Out here it's just the opposite.
delta21
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:57 pm

delta21 wrote:Colorado Duck hunters dont like to share. I've hunted the Southeast for 20 years, if you asked another hunter about an area they would answer honestly without giving up their honeyhole. Out here it's just the opposite.

That's because there aren't near as many waterfowl hunting areas out here. I grew up in the Mississippi and there were thousands of acres of public land to hunt on so it was alot easier to help somebody out as far as where to hunt. With the limited amount of public land out here, if you give an area then that is one more hunter that you will have to compete with.
duckman27
hunter

Postby Froto31099 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:58 pm

I am interested in getting out to do so,e hunting but I am in the military and don't really know where to go or have anyone to go with. I would really like to meet some huntin buddies and get out soon. If anyone would like to help me out I would really appreciate it. I am stationed down at fort Carson.
Froto31099
Newb

Postby gj.how » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:38 pm

Froto31099 wrote:I am interested in getting out to do so,e hunting but I am in the military and don't really know where to go or have anyone to go with. I would really like to meet some huntin buddies and get out soon. If anyone would like to help me out I would really appreciate it. I am stationed down at fort Carson.

Have you had any luck finding places in the springs? I am at the Academy and am looking for the same things.
gj.how
Newb

Postby gochiefs25 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:27 pm

DrHunter, message me with your email. I'm on the committee for the southwest chapter of DU in denver. I'll get you connected
gochiefs25
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting