late season blues

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

late season blues

Postby grnhead1 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:33 pm

hey fellas, can anyone help. does anyone have any idea wher the ducks are.... i went out last week and saw nothing the warden out there said the river just aint producin....can anybody help or have any ideas to help get me on some birds im only goin out one more time this season with my grandpa and would like to get us in to some birds ya know so we can hunt...not go sit in the cold lol anything helps guys.
grnhead1
hunter

Postby colosilverado » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:12 pm

They are hanging on private property/"No Hunting" areas from what I have seen. I've seen a few mallards again, but not many. I managed to get a pair of mallard drakes today. It had been awhile in between getting the last ducks and these, but I haven't been all over looking for them either.
Where are you at?
colosilverado
hunter

Postby grnhead1 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:43 pm

im out in aurora....i do all my hunting out east on the river i just havent been able to get into anything at all not even a couple singles any ideas
grnhead1
hunter

Postby Husker20 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:31 pm

Go to Oxbow SWA ive been there lots of birds down in that are
Husker20
hunter

Postby colosilverado » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Welp, those mallard drakes were the last ducks I took down. I didn't even try on the closing weekend. I'll chase geese for awhile and then break out the fishing rods!
colosilverado
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting