Icicles On My Rifle

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

Icicles On My Rifle

Postby jem » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:20 pm

I went out Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Thursday I came the closest. I was just sitting and spacing when suddenly there is a deer right next to me out of the corner of my eye. It looked like a small doe.

I instinctively turned my head and the tag on my tree harness scraped the tree. This made the deer completely freeze up. As I was watching the deer I tried to quietly take the safety off of my rifle but no dice. As soon as the safety disengaged the deer heard it and took off. :pissed:

Oh well it is a pretty tough sport for beginners anyway. I am going out next Saturday and that will finish up the season. Hopefully I will get something at the last minute.

The grandson of the man who owns the farm where I hunt did find his big buck and it was the largest seen at the check station in four years! So they are out there and big ones too.

Saturday I changed things up and tried hunting on the edge of the cornfield. I got there about four and was pretty tired by nine.

Anybody having any luck this season?
John Majkowski
jem
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:03 am

John....keep at it!!!!!!

Glad to hear Jonathan got a trophy.......was on the phone with Gerry Sat morning when they openned up on a flight.......man, I am soooo depressed....the cast is now scheduled to come off the 8th.....I am thinking about heading down to hunt the 17th.....let's keep in touch!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting