End of North Season.

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

End of North Season.

Postby MrCamoClad » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:53 am

Went out on the CT River for the last day of Early season and wound up with the big skunkl !!!

So alot of ducks early - got a few to commit - but my hunting partners missed. I never took a shot with the new gun. Oh well - there is always next Saturday for a South Zone hunt.

BTW - How come all week the weather was lousy - good for hunting - but on Saturday it was a beautiful BLUE SKY day !! - then today its overcast again and snowing........WTH !!!

Oh well - next week.
MrCamoClad
State Moderator

Postby DUKHTR » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:46 am

gotta love NH for Sunday hunting :yes: .....got out on the ocean with a friend using a pair of MLB Classics....had some good shooting at eider and scoter, but no old squaw would come in!!! Maybe someday CT will catch on to the full weekend deal!!! It would make it alot easier and better for bringing non-resident income to the State

glad to know you had some good parts of the season.......still some time left if you are into the extended south zone season
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MrCamoClad » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:08 pm

I hear you on the Sunday hunt - there is a bill in the legislature right now that is requesting Sunday hunting - but it only pertains to Private land and with a Bow for deer.

CT is such a liberal state - the Sunday hunting is such an old Blue law that is outdated.

It stinks especially for us people that work all week - oh well.

As for Seaduckin - I have never tried it.....all we have is 14 and 16 ft jon boats and have been afraid to give it a shot. I plan on buying a new boat this year - probably a Lund Alaskan that I will set up for Sea ducks and Striper fishing.

Good luck with the rest of your season.
MrCamoClad
State Moderator

Postby DUKHTR » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:58 am

those Alaskans are very nice....the fellow I went with Sunday has a 20 footer.....lot's of room since he uses a 75hp tiller....we had both MLB's on the front, had 6 doz dekes, anchors and mother lines, and all the other gear necessary for three guys in Jan., etc....and still had room to move around and be comfortable!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MrCamoClad » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:43 pm

How is that big of a boat in the tiller model - I was going that way - but my wife wants me to get the side console. - Is it difficult to handle ???

I would like to see the two together before I drop the $$.

The boat show is next week in CT - then Feb is the Hunting & Fishing show...so I am hoping I can view both at the same time there.
Last edited by MrCamoClad on Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrCamoClad
State Moderator

Postby DUKHTR » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:01 pm

Tony's rig is real nice - especially for layout hunting since there is so much interior room ....even with all the gear and a pair of layouts, we could get around.......seating was limited to one in the rear....but he did have more that had mounts......he uses it for trolling in the 'off season'.....the tiller was not an issue and I was able to navigate with pretty good visability....although not as good as with a console (my boat has a side console and I like it much better for vision plus I like to stand while underway)......but the space a tiller provides now has me convinced it is better overall for hunting......manuevering was not an issue at all.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting