does anyone come on this one?

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

does anyone come on this one?

Postby rden » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:55 pm

I use this forum alot for dog training. I see that there arent alot of posts here. I am looking to get into duck hunting this upcoming season. I pretty much need everything except the dog. I have been working with a training group and my lab will or at least should be ready this upcoming season. I have been looking round for a boat, deacoys and everything really. Hopefully I can buy some stuff used. I will spend some time looking for private land too. Anybody know of anyone getting rid of stuff? thanks for the help.

rob
rden
hunter

Postby DivinDuckSlayer » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:50 am

Where in CT are you located?
DivinDuckSlayer
hunter

where in ct?

Postby rden » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:47 am

I live in Wallingford. I am willing to travel anywhere. I even deer hunt in Wilton so travel is not a problem.
rden
hunter

Postby Major Woods » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:45 am

I have picked up some duck hunting stuff here before.
http://www.ctfisherman.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Thousands on the boat.
Hundreds on decoys.
Time away from the wife....priceless
Major Woods
hunter

Postby on duck call » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:34 pm

Good for you hungry to train your dog. The biggest thing for me was reading a lot of books and pay attention to what they say. Tri tronics has a good book and shock callars are very effective and dogs don't really associate you with the collar. Be consistant in both time and methods. You could send your dog away to be train and after you get him back he'll be great. But if you don't keep training him he will loose it. My black lab is a great hunting dog. My battery died in my remote for the shock collar in the begining of last season and as the season went on he got worst. Hes seven and still without the up keep hes still falling apart. I am getting ready to send the collar for repair and get him back on track. Labs love to hunt and emotions will sometimes get the best of them but ya gotta lovem. Good luck!
on duck call
hunter

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting