Bowhunters

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

Bowhunters

Postby cthunter144 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:47 am

Anyone have any luck so far this year ? went 3 days last week private land, got one 7 point at 12 yards and a doe at 25. Have seen a lot of rut action saw bigger bucks but always following a hot doe, and wanting nothing to do with my grunting or rattling, had a 9 pointer at 15 yards but a pinetree limb was in my way I only take shots I know I will have quick kills. Good luck tomorrow seeing ok duck numbers scouting but motherloads of geese !
cthunter144
hunter

Re: Bowhunters

Postby Me and Black Betty » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:31 am

I have been seeing some small deer, and not a lot of food to faten them up. If this past weeks snow is any indication of the kind of winter we can expect, there will probably be a pretty big die off. With that said, I passed on a couple small deer last weekend, before the snow, thinking they would get bigger for next year. Now I am wondering if they will even make it to next year. So right now, the freezer is empty, except a few birds from the first split. I am hoping to get out this afternoon and fix the empty freezer problem.
Whoa, Black Betty BAM-BA-LAM
Me and Black Betty
hunter

Postby falcon » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:26 pm

I've been out bowhunting only a handful of times and then only the afternoon after duckhunting. Rolling the big goose egg this year. not even seeing any. Last year I had to fight them off with a stick. Not looking good for me tomorrow morning duckhunting either as 2 of the spots I've scouted have had small amounts of ducks and no ducks but lots of geese.
falcon
hunter

Postby captmike69 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:30 pm

i have three so far. a spike and a doe the first week. then a decent 8 today. have only sat 8 times. passed on a few does and another spike today before the 8 came in
team quack attack "if you blow it they will come"
captmike69
hunter

Bowhunters

Postby SquadIrons » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:00 pm

I took a doe and a ten pointer 40 min apart on the second day of the season. Then an 8 pointer later in September. I was waiting for my little brother to get his bow license to shoot my last doe, but he isn't nearly ready enough to hunt with his bow so I'll be out to fill my last doe tag in the weeks to come.
SquadIrons
hunter

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting