How was ure hunt

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

How was ure hunt

Postby STEELrainCT » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:45 am

Our hunt wasnt bad today...went to another spot that we havent hunted yet this year...i shot 2 geese 1 band my brother shot a drake mallard and my 3 other buddies got a hen mallard and 2 geese...was surprised at how the spot produced since its usually a late season spot.how was everyone elses hunt.
STEELrainCT
hunter

Re: How was ure hunt

Postby captmike69 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:37 pm

glad someone did alright, i went to this small pond with a buddy who has never been duck hunting before. we go set up nice and early just to have some guy show up at 5:57 and set up 100 yards directly across from us. he tossed out a couple mallards and a pintail decoy into the wide open. no call. and shot at nothing inside 50 yards and everything out to 120 yards that flew by! he started shooting at 6:05. i didnt fire a single round. and my buddy winged 2 birds. not exaclty what i was hoping for for my buddies first duck hunt.
team quack attack "if you blow it they will come"
captmike69
hunter

Postby mosherd1 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:06 pm

Did well, between myself and my partner we got 8 teal. Could have limited out on teal if we wanted to but chose to hold off in the hopes some mallards would come in but they didn't. The teal migration is definitely on for CT. Must have seen 100 teal in about an hour and a half. Large flocks of them coming into the decoys with no hesitation or calling. They came out of nowhere and then left just as fast. Good morning today.
mosherd1
hunter

Postby cthunter144 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Agreed with the teal report, they were buzzing around all morning, even some groups of blue wings ! Me and a buddy managed 5 yesterday could have had more but were either looking the wrong way and they came flyin by, and we missed a few shots in the afternoon, they sure are fast with the wind at there backs . Hope the stay around for next week and all the big groups of mallards we saw high up start to stick around.
cthunter144
hunter

Postby falcon » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:45 pm

I wish I could also say mine was good but only had one very small hen woodie come in early and then nothing. Well i should say I had 5 hooded mergs land about 200 yards away then leave in less than 2 minutes. Also the lake i was on had about 150 geese roosting over night but they won't come anywhere near you when they leave in the morning for their feeding fields. I was expecting a little better day than this but that's how it goes sometimes.
falcon
hunter

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting