Duck Hunting Forum banner

They're here!!!

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ericbarber 
#1 ·
Get your long lines ready boys, the divers are in tkown!!! Shot a hen buffy this afternoon! Would have had 2 drakes but they landed outside of the spread. This is a good sign seeing them could mean the water up north is starting to freeze!!! :grooving:

#3 ·
Dont worry if it's mergs you want, mergs youll get. They'll decoy into floating trash lol. Divers make for a fun shoot though, fast and low and make for great practice as you can see where your shot hits in relation to the bird. The buffy decoyed into mallard decoys today. Good luck tomorrow! :thumbsup:

#6 ·
I saw about 200 mallards this morning. None seemed to be interested (flying high) no divers flew by but a boat kicked up like 20 Buffy's in the distance but they simply jumped up and landed where they were. As I was driving home through mystic all I saw was hoods and buffs in the marshes. I'd like to know where those mallards were going

#7 ·
Saw a a few buffies yesterday. Had one buzz my dekes so fast I didn't have time to react. Another landed and I gave him 9" of #3 at 20 yards and still went under before I could recover him.

Saw a TON of mallards yesterday morning but most were high flyers on a mission. A dozen or so came in range but from behind me and landed just out of range. We worked a few here and there but nothing out of the ordinary. The sunrise flight, however, however was the biggest I've seen in 2 or 3 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.