Thanksgiving Birding

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

Thanksgiving Birding

Postby UGADawg » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:09 pm

Got out Thursday, Friday and Saturday at Wheeler. Very few birds flying with the blue-bird days and moderate temps. Overall hunting pressure was low as I only saw 5-7 other groups on any given day. Scratched off a hen Mallard thanksgiving morning that later saw the table, whiffed on a few birds Friday, and got a Gadwall pair on Saturday. I did see just a few bigger groups of migratory birds Friday and Saturday from a good distance - maybe some sings of an improved migration, I don't know but hopefully the cold temps this week will get things moving.
Attachments
DUCK3.JPG
DUCK3.JPG (10.03 KiB) Viewed 652 times
DUCK2.JPG
DUCK2.JPG (9.29 KiB) Viewed 652 times
UGADawg
hunter

Re: Thanksgiving Birding

Postby decoy241 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Here we go again......
decoy241
hunter

Postby STEELrainCT » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:51 am

UGADawg wrote:Got out Thursday, Friday and Saturday at Wheeler. Very few birds flying with the blue-bird days and moderate temps. Overall hunting pressure was low as I only saw 5-7 other groups on any given day. Scratched off a hen Mallard thanksgiving morning that later saw the table, whiffed on a few birds Friday, and got a Gadwall pair on Saturday. I did see just a few bigger groups of migratory birds Friday and Saturday from a good distance - maybe some sings of an improved migration, I don't know but hopefully the cold temps this week will get things moving.

I hunted wheeler also that weekend...if you seen a black truck and 16' boat with a scissor blind at birdseye boat ramp then that was me.
STEELrainCT
hunter

Postby UGADawg » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:28 pm

I put in on the Milford Side. How did you do?
UGADawg
hunter

Postby STEELrainCT » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:12 pm

It was slow for us but managed to bag one to prevent the skunk.
STEELrainCT
hunter

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting