Give a yell

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

Give a yell

Postby STEELrainCT » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Hey guys do all ure fellow hunters a favor and give a yell if someone comes in and crowds you....twice today I had to pickup my decoys after setting them out and getting setup and 50 yards away noticing I was crowding someones space...i was curdious and picked up and moved but someone else might not be as nice...4 dozen decoys is a pain in the *ss when u have to pick them up before even hunting.
STEELrainCT
hunter

Re: Give a yell

Postby captmike69 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:59 pm

i had 2 young lids set up legit 50 FEET away from me last week! i yelled. they acknowledged i was there and still set up. i was not happy. after listening to the call at divers for over an hour non stop with a mallard call i picked up and left.
team quack attack "if you blow it they will come"
captmike69
hunter

Postby sbeIICT » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:53 pm

Did they get any divers?
Dusty Bottoms
sbeIICT
hunter

Postby captmike69 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:07 pm

nope! i had ruddys swimming all around me. nothing flying at all. i looked over and one of them was trying to stalk over to me to shoot one in my spread! so i opted to ground swat it before he could shoot it! scared the crap out of him!
team quack attack "if you blow it they will come"
captmike69
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:21 am

captmike69 wrote:nope! i had ruddys swimming all around me. nothing flying at all. i looked over and one of them was trying to stalk over to me to shoot one in my spread! so i opted to ground swat it before he could shoot it! scared the crap out of him!

well Capt, then you better update that running total, because i dont see any Ruddys on it!!! ha ha :hi:

enjoy

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting