Past Week of Waterfowling

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

Re: Past Week of Waterfowling

Postby JimG » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:58 am

Hey dawg great week, but why the need to broadcast where you go? You could just as easily leave out where you're hunting. I don't get it?????

Ditto. Post your success, not where you went.... :fingerhead:

As for mergs, lots of guys will shoot a bunch to freeze whole for dawg training during the summer.
No cyber scouting allowed
JimG
hunter

Postby decoy241 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Other state forums this would not be tolerated, why here??? I know everybody knows about all these spots but can we please show some restraint from posting locations?? Thanks, no need to be a Internet hero!
decoy241
hunter

Postby Citori16 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:56 pm

I agree, Connecticut is too small and too highly populated to shine a spotlight on something as small as a WMA or a town or even a state forest.

However, I think it would be useful to know general areas to get an idea of the migration. Things like "Western Sound", "East of the River (meaning Connecticut River)" "Central" would certainly help without compromising localities.

Some of us may think this is comon sense, but for others passing on specific information is how they share info to receive more info, or to just be neighborly.

Maybe a stickie with some of the not so obvious rules?
Did you say woodcock or woodduck?
Citori16
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:03 pm

decoy241 wrote:Other state forums this would not be tolerated, why here??? I know everybody knows about all these spots but can we please show some restraint from posting locations?? Thanks, no need to be a Internet hero!

Sooo not true! I was on another site specifcally for hunting CT, and someone outed a few spots right in the title of the thread. I asked the poster to remove the thread and I also posted asking them politely to please stop and a bunch of "heroes" jumped down my throat for not "helping" my fellow hunter.... :fingerhead:
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby decoy241 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:03 pm

Sooo not true! I was on another site specifcally for hunting CT, and someone outed a few spots right in the title of the thread. I asked the poster to remove the thread and I also posted asking them politely to please stop and a bunch of "heroes" jumped down my throat for not "helping" my fellow hunter.... :fingerhead:[/quote]

Ctdeathfrombelow, I know what your talking about and I may bewrong but werent those posts edited to remove the locations? I was more talking about the other state forums on DHC, go over to the Ny state forum and start naming locations and let me know how you make out!
decoy241
hunter

Postby sbeIICT » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:20 pm

decoy241 wrote: I was more talking about the other state forums on DHC, go over to the Ny state forum and start naming locations and let me know how you make out!

Try the Arkansas forum too, theyre nice and love to help out.

For a major laugh, go over to the Arkansas refuge forum page and try to find one serious post. Then after the season is over check out the picture thread. Good lord.
Dusty Bottoms
sbeIICT
hunter

Previous

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting