Duck Hunting Forum banner

Past 10 days

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  cthunter144 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Past 10 days have been great after the snow and everything freezing up birds are every where central to south east ct , had to break holes in ice some days and have bad motor problems other days but its all been worth it, hope this warm up leaves the birds around.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357765944.386333.jpg

Central ct goose hunts the first day 4 man limit went back 2 days later for another
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357766064.653212.jpg

Southern ct me and a buddy short hunt on a locked up piece of water couldn't compete with the 700 or more birds on the ice quarter mile away was amazing to watch though
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357766292.869129.jpg
the next day same situation
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357766346.287538.jpg

Mondays hunt on the ocean, going to try and get after the geese and divers this week they are every where certain days puddlers better then others, hope everyone is still seeing birds

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Depends on the tides, for high tide Iv been using a spread of 6 to 12 geese and about a dozen puddlers when it's gunna be a low tide hunt I use 12 fully flocked Canada shells and half a dozen full body's, plus half a dozen mallard or black duck full bodies. Geese are everywhere this year and when the puddlers come by it seems to be pulling them in close this year , been keeping the calling down to a Minimum alot of birds are super call shy

#6 ·
Same here I'm starting to love the mostly goose spread more and more. Flocked heads and body's really help I think so much easier to finish birds when they aren't given off the shine from the plastic. Going out for our last north zone goose hunt over water tomorrow , hundreds of birds still in the area, hope it gets cold to push them to the coast

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.