Dog training/carving....

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

Dog training/carving....

Postby O2Fsh » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:25 am

With the season winding down, I am wondering if there is anyone in the southern (?) portion of the state that would like to get together and work on training our dogs or some carving?

I am not trying to start a club or get "members". I just want to meet other hunters, share ideas, and spend time preparing for next season. CWA meetings are a LONG drive for me but I go when I know about them.

O2Fsh
O2Fsh
In a marsh somewhere, nowhere near your spot.
O2Fsh
hunter

Re: Dog training/carving....

Postby Versatilehunt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:57 am

What are you looking to accomplish in dog training? Nice Lab and I noticed you had some pointing dog tapes, GWP's are pointing breads, I may pm you on those. You may want to narrow in on a specific area of training. For example : Steady at flush may apply with pointers and not others, but staedy in the blind may work with poiters and others. If you have an area you feel needs attention, others may have the same and you may have a get together. I have 3 + years training my own in the field and water and I know a fellow that trains pointers now but has trained Lab's for some time before moving to pointers. I'll see if I can locate some cork.

Verstile
Versatilehunt
hunter

Re: Dog training/carving....

Postby O2Fsh » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Versitile,

Thanks for the post. I am looking work with Copper on steadiness, retrieving, and maybe begin bind retrieve commands. Nothing too advanced, just some work outside the season to keep/get Copper ready for the coming season.

PM Me about the DVD's.........

O2Fsh
O2Fsh
In a marsh somewhere, nowhere near your spot.
O2Fsh
hunter

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting