New Guy

Discuss everything from issues in the region to Connecticut duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, MrCamoClad

New Guy

Postby CamoCatcher8 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:31 am

Figured it was time to introduce myself and come out of the lurkers. Came across this site last year as I began my first year duck hunting and it helped me out incredibly. I have been deer hunting for a few years now and sort of fell into the sport of duck hunting when I met my now fiance who had a chocolate lab. We just started training him in obedience and then with his love for the water and retrieving, it made me want to take his training to the next level so I could spend sometime in the outdoors with him. So last year was my first year duck hunting. It was a steep learning curve but I feel I had my fair share of success. Anyway, looking forward to starting to contribute on the site instead of just lurk.

photo(1).JPG
photo(2).JPG
DSC_0016A.jpg
CamoCatcher8
hunter

Re: New Guy

Postby Me and Black Betty » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 am

Welcome to the site (as a poster), the sport, and the addiction :beer:
The dogs make it all worth it, the ducks are just bonus. Now get back to training, scouting and other projects duck related and otherwise (make sure you keep the little lady happy around the house in the off season so you have more time to hunt during the season), only about 6 more months until early goose. :thumbsup:
Whoa, Black Betty BAM-BA-LAM
Me and Black Betty
hunter

Postby Citori16 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:35 am

Welcome aboard! :welcome: My fiancee had a chocolate lab as well; 19 years, 2 new dogs, 2 kids and a whole mess of hunting equipment later still enjoying eachothers company...maybe I should marry her :biggrin: ...(just kidding). Good luck to the 3 of you. Some great pics there, good to see some women hunting as well...my wife would never set foot in the swamp, but she's learned to enjoy the game on the dinner plate...but only if I cook it!

I could only imagine what my honeydo list would look like if my wife hunted...

Again, welcome!
Did you say woodcock or woodduck?
Citori16
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:04 pm

:welcome: There's alot of helpful people on here with LOTS of info all you have to do is ask. Just make sure it's not about a new spot.... :thumbsup:
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby MrCamoClad » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:01 am

Welcome!!! :welcome:
MrCamoClad
State Moderator

Postby CamoCatcher8 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Just being able to take my dog out there has made it all worth it. And yes, knocking off some a bunch of the to-do's now. We just bought a house this past December so there is plentyyyy of work to do. Banking up all the brownie points now!
CamoCatcher8
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:16 am

welcome to the site.......congrats on the house.....good luck with the dog, do you belong to a retriever club yet?

its a good idea...many hands make short work of dog training....well maybe not too many hands...but more than you have yourself! :smile:

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Return to Connecticut Duck Hunting